- Boris Johnson has resigned as party leader but is refusing to step down as Prime Minister until a new one is elected.
- Response to Moscow’s move: Kazakhstan wants to transport oil to Europe bypassing the Russian Federation.
- In Moscow, the U.S. embassy is now on Donetsk People’s Republic Square while the UK embassy is now on Luhansk People’s Republic Square.
- According to the UK government, despite Boris Johnson’s resignation their policy toward Ukraine remains the same.
- A long-serving official in in the Austrian Intelligence Service is accused of having sold state secrets to Russia.
- There is a realistic possibility that the battle for Sloviansk will be the next key contest in the struggle for the Donbas according to the British Ministry of Defense.
- YouTube and Instagram have been disabled in the Kherson region.
- Russia stopped the transit of oil from Kazakhstan to Europe.
- A second volunteer from France died in Ukraine, he was 20.
- Satellite images prove that Russia systematically exports Ukrainian grain to Türkiye through Crimea.
- Ukraine is negotiating with Türkiye and the UN regarding the export of grain through its ports.
- In the Zaporizhzhia region, Russia has brought in teachers and is forcing parents to send their children to kindergartens and schools with a Russian curriculum.
Particulary positive news:
- The Ukrainian flag was raised on Zmiiny Island (Snake Island).
- Germany has already accepted more than 850,000 Ukrainian refugees.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine withdrew from Lysychansk after heavy fighting.
- 70 expelled diplomats of the Russian Federation left Bulgaria; photographed wearing T-shirts with Putin on them